Augusta National Women’s Amateur Championship
The Augusta National Women’s Amateur Championship was announced on Wednesday, April 4, 2018, by Chairman Fred Ridley during his annual press conference at the Masters Tournament. The event was established to inspire greater interest and participation in the women’s game by creating a new, exciting and rewarding pathway for these players to fulfill their dreams.
An international field of 72 women amateurs will compete over 54-holes of stroke play. A cut will take place after 36 holes, advancing the leading 30 players to the final round at Augusta National Golf Club. In the event of a tie after 54 holes, the winner will be decided by sudden-death playoff.
The first 36 holes will be contested over two days at Champions Retreat Golf Club in Augusta, Ga. Following the 36-hole cut, the final competitive round will take place at Augusta National Golf Club on Saturday, April 6.
Qualifications for Invitation
- Invitations will be provided to the winners of the following recognized events: U.S. Women’s Amateur, Ladies’ British Open Amateur Championship, Women’s Amateur Asia-Pacific, U.S. Girls’ Junior, Girls’ British Open Amateur Championship, Girls Junior PGA Championship.
- Future champions of the Augusta National Women’s Amateur Championship will also receive an invitation for the following five years.
- The top 30 players from the United States of America will be invited who are not otherwise qualified, based on the Women’s World Amateur Golf Ranking.
- After the previous qualifications, the next 30 highest ranked players not otherwise qualified will receive invitations, as listed on the Women’s World Amateur Golf Ranking.
- Remaining positions filled by invitation of the Augusta National Women’s Amateur Championship Committee.
- Note: All players who qualify must retain amateur status to compete in the Augusta National Women’s Amateur Championship.
For the Winner
Provided she remain an amateur, the 2019 Augusta National Women’s Amateur Champion will receive an invitation to the next five Augusta National Women’s Amateur Championships, the 2019 U.S. Women’s Open, the 2019 Women’s British Open, and any USGA, R&A and PGA of America amateur championships for which she is eligible for one year.
Ticket and Volunteer Information
Ticket and Volunteer information will be announced this summer. If you are interested in being contacted when patron information is released, please provide the requested information below.
In an effort to assist in coverage of the Augusta National Women’s Amateur, the Media Committee will coordinate accreditation and make available a variety of resources to interested news organizations. For questions, please contact media@ANWAgolf.com.